There is no dispute that they are sleek and stylish, but what are polished concrete floors like to live with?
Polished concrete floors are becoming increasingly popular in homes, with a range of finishes and colours meaning they can be specified in colours other than grey.
- These floors are diamond ground and then treated with a chemical densifier.
- They are polished with diamond-polishing tools, using polishing pads specifically for using on concrete.
- Polished concrete will most commonly be finished to a grit level of 800, 1,500 or 3,000 depending on the level of shine require.
- Concrete is not considered polished before 400 grit. This is called ‘honed’ concrete.
- Polished concrete floors are best designed in early on in a project.
- They are most commonly 100mm thick.
- They often tend to be specified with underfloor heating.