Polished Concrete London
What Is Polished Concrete?
Polished concrete is concrete that has been chemically treated and then sanded and polished to provide a smooth polished surface.
Polished concrete flooring has become a material choice for residential floors as it provides all the durability of concrete but with a cutting edge modern style.
It is extremely tough and hard wearing, easy to clean and maintain, which makes it a great choice and a stylish solution for home owners.
A wide range of finishes are available – from river stone, granite, and black basalt aggregate mixes, to a simple polished cement finish.
Other colourings or decorative aggregates such as seashells or glass chips can be added into the mix to provide a truly unique, customised surface.
How Is It Produced?
The process of polishing concrete is similar to sanding wood – the only difference is the scale of the equipment and the expertise required.
Polished concrete is concrete that has been diamond ground and then treated with a chemical densifier before being polished by progressively finer diamond polishing tools.
Because polishing is a progressive, step by step process, you can choose the finish you want.
There are a range of finishes for you to choose from:-
- Ground concrete (20-100 grit polishing)
- Honed concrete (200-400 grit polishing)
- Low Sheen (400-800 grit polishing)
- High Shine (800-3000 grit polishing)
The Benefits Of Polished Concrete Flooring
- Polished concrete is extremely versatile, allowing you to experiment with textures and colours in order to create a truly unique look. Anti slip elements can also be applied to give you a non slip surface.
- Underfloor heating works very well with Polished Concrete flooring, giving you a lovely warm floor to walk on.
- Polished Concrete provides an extremely hard wearing floor and if properly maintained will last for many years.
- Polished Concrete is very easy to maintain and should give you years to trouble free usage.
For more information about Polished Concrete London or to get a quote, get in touch today on 020 7100 3887 or [email protected]